THIS WEEK: SPECIAL EVENTS
Note: "Regular" Weekly Events are listed in section on Home page called: UPDATES OF WEEKLY SCHEDULE AND EVENTS THROUGH TIME OF TRANSITION
SPECIAL EVENTS this week
Saturday, December 5 at 11 AM: First Reconciliation
SPECIAL EVENTS upcoming/ongoing:
Christian Service/GIVING TREE
Our Giving Tree has been put up.
It is very different this year.
We will be serving six communities.
The communities, and requested gifts, are:
- Pope Francis Center: Gift cards to Costco or Target
- Our Special Needs Program: Gift cards to Walmart, Meijer or Target
- MORC (Macomb-Oakland Regional Center): Gift cards to Walmart, Meijer or Target
- The Justice Initiative: Gift cards to Walmart
- St. Luke Community Outreach: Coats and boots for children age 10 and under, and gift cards
- Corpus Christi Outreach of Detroit would like monetary donations for their parishioners’ emergency fund
There are several ways to donate to our Christmas Outreach program this year.
1. You may take a tag from the Giving Tree. Please return the gifts wrapped with the tag attached. Gift cards need to be returned to the main or religious education offices with their tag attached. Hams will be provided for all food baskets.
2. You may donate a gift card to Walmart, Meijer, Target or Costco and return to the mainoffice.
ON ALL GIFT CARDS, MAKE SURE THE AMOUNT IS WRITTEN ON THE CARD. SUGGESTED INCREMENT: $25.
3. You may donate cash or checks made out to Christ, Our Light! Catholic Church. In the memo line of your check, write “HOLIDAY” or “Corpus Christi”. Please mail to theaddress below or return to the main office. Envelopes for donations will be available at both church entrances and these may be placed in the offertory basket or returned to the office.
Christ, Our Light! Catholic Church
Troy, MI 48084
ALL GIFTS AND GIFT CARDS ARE DUE NO LATER THAN THURSDAY, DECEMBER 17
We look forward to celebrating and sharing this season, with your always-generous help.
Thank you very much.
Maud Plumer 248.515.5952 and The Giving Tree Committee
AMAZONSMILE Instructions: An easy way to support our parish
Christ Our Light recently registered withAmazonSmile. If you currently shop at Amazon.com, please consider making your Amazon purchases through their related AmazonSmile website and selecting Christ Our Light Catholic Church (in Troy, MI) as your charityof choice. For each of your eligible AmazonSmile purchases, the AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of the purchase price to Christ Our Light.
Below are instructions for making purchases throughAmazonSmile:
1. Visit: smile.amazon.com.
2. Sign in with your Amazon.com credentials.
3. If you have not previously used AmazonSmile, search for “Christ Our Light Catholic Church” and please make sure to select the organization locatedin Troy, Michigan.
4. If you have previously used AmazonSmileand would like to switch your currently selected charity to Christ Our Light, you can do so on the“Your Account”screenby selectingthe option “Change your charity” (located under “Account Settings”). If you are using your mobile phone browser, you can click “Your AmazonSmile,” located at the bottom of the Settings menu.