Christian Education Meeting, April 2015
- Catholic Relief Services Rice Bowl Collections for Almsgiving (Total will be texted this afternoon). Students and families were very receptive and generous.
- Our Lenten preparation included a greater concentration on prayer: individual, meditative and traditional prayer was practiced and encouraged.
- Two of our students, Beth Clouse and Michael Knight, were baptized at the Easter Vigil. One additional student will be baptized after 11AM Mass on April 26.
- First Eucharist Preparation continues. The Baking Bread or “Bread of Life” Family Day was held on Saturday, March 28. It was a beautiful family experience for all.
- First Eucharist Mass will be at 10AM on Saturday, May 2. Two families will receive First Eucharist at 11AM Mass on April 26. In total, 19 children will receive First Eucharist spanning from grade 2 – grade 10. We are blessed to have older children and teens seeking and deepening their faith through the sacraments.
- Our final day of Monday Religious Formation this year will be on Monday, May 4. We will celebrate with a May crowning in Church and ice cream treat (hopefully outdoors – weather permitting)
Setdesign with Shrine has begun, the theme is “Everest”. We are in need of refrigerator boxes, carpet tubes, donated hiking equipment/props and volunteers interested in paper cutting activities and sewing rod pockets on small base camp flags. Registration set for June.
The youth group held a meeting last Sunday April 19th (Unable to hold regular meeting due to Easter) At this meeting the teens planned their calendar through June, including plans for a "Summer" Bible study in lieu of regular Youth Group. The next meeting will be held April 26th 5-7pm. The upcoming Timothy Awards will see 6 Christ Our Light teens that are involved in parish life receive recognition for their efforts. One teen will receive an "Award of Excellence" for the work they do at Christ Our Light. This years Award of Excellence teen is Alaina Burt. She has volunteered with GFBS, VBS, a Catechist and volunteers in several community activities. The youth group is also making plans for fundraising of some kind to help offset the costs of the Nov. National Youth Conference being held in Indianapolis.
"Passing on the Faith" presentation is scheduled for Thursday, April 23, at 7PM at Christ, Our Light!. Sponsored by the AOD Department of Youth /Young Adult Ministry streamlined for parents of today. It will address practical issues such as how to talk to your children about faith and Catholic tradition, how to model the faith and associated values as parents, and provide inspiration to motivate your children and future generations.