Council and Commissions Meeting, February, 2017
Christ, Our Light!
Parish Council Meeting Minutes
Tuesday, February 21, 2017
7:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Attendees: Mike Parker, Judy Kline, Teresa Ulrich, Malisa Burt, Beth Gooch, Tony Gallucci,
7:00-7:05 Mike opens the meeting with a prayer.
7:05-7:10 Approval of Minutes for January meeting – Approved, Teresa, Seconded, Tony
7:10-7:20 Old Business
- The proposal for a “Welcoming Committee” to officially welcome new parish members anfor January meetingd recent RCIA converts was discussed. It is recommended that I run the proposal by Elaine Cervera, since she currently is involved in the welcoming It was further recommended that the “welcoming” be twice per year instead of 4 times, due to summer schedules and end of year conflicts. With Elaine’s comments, I will re-write the proposal for a council vote.
7:20-7:25 Commission Reports (see attached)
- Young Adult Ministry
- Religious Ed
- Family Life for most families.
- Youth Ministry
7:25-7:30 New Business:
- It was proposed that the Council, and committees meet 4 times per year, instead of the current Sept/ June schedule.
- The months selected were: February, May, September, October
- It was further recommended that additional meetings can be scheduled on an as needed basis.
- The council chairperson will contact Father at the beginning of each non scheduled month to determine if a meeting should be held.
7:30 Final Blessing and Adjournment