Check this box for any last minute changes or cancellations of scheduled events due to inclement weather or other issues.
Tuesday - Thursday: 9:00 AM
Friday: 12:05 PM
Saturday: 4:00 PM
Sunday: 8:00, 9:30, 11:00 AM
Monday - Communion Service, 9:00 AM
Sacrament of Reconciliation
Saturday: 3:00 - 3:30 PM or anytime by appointment
Visiting the homebound and hospitalized: Please notify the parish office.
Sacrament of Baptism / Sacrament of Marriage:
Practicing Catholics who are registered members of the parish should contact the parish office for additional information and arrangements.
Adults interested in becoming Catholic, celebrating a missed Sacrament or simply learning more about the Catholic faith should contact the office for information.
We at Christ, Our Light! would like to extend an invitation to anyone not dining with family members or friends on Christmas Day to join us in the newly decorated Social Hall for a holiday meal. If you or someone you know would be interested, please call the parish office at 248-649-5510 or complete the form located in the Sunday bulletin and turn it in.
Serving Our Youth
First Reconciliation Students
Students who will be participating in their First Reconciliation and their parents will meet on the evening of November 20 to view a DVD on the Sacrament and take part in table discussions and activities. First Reconciliation will be held on Saturday, December 6, with an 11 AM prayer service, individual confessions, and a family luncheon.
Youth Ministry Bowling Trip, November 23, 5-7 PM
Cost: $10.00 per person
Youth Ministry Christmas Party - December 14: Details to follow
Religious Education for Students with Special Needs
Students have been turning in pop bottles that you have dropped off and we are using the money for a special project. More details to come!
Preschool for children ages 3-6 will begin on Sunday, October 5 during the 9:30 and 11:00 AM Masses. Registration forms will be available on September 28 in both church lobbies.
Religious Education Classes for children in Grades 1-8 begin Monday, September 22. Registration is currently taking place. Forms are located in the offices and lobbies of the church. Children will gather in church at 6:00 PM. The session will end at 7:30 PM. For safety's sake, parents should arrange to pick up students from inside the building.
Family Fun Nights
The second Friday of each month: Parents have an opportunity for fellowship, while kids watch a movie, play games or share other activities brought from home. (Bring friends, your favorite game and/or munchies to share.)
Opportunity for Adult Study and Commitment
- November 1 through November 23: Please bring food and/or monetary donations for Thanksgiving food baskets. Containers will be available at the entrance.
- Recycling bins for glass and paper can be found in the office and hallways.
- December 1 through December 20: Collection of Giving Tree items for needy families. (Details to follow.)
- Please consider joining the Saint Vincent dePaul Society. The next meeting is December 4 at 7:00 PM. There will be a collection November 27 and 28 to support the work of this organization.
- Plans are being made for two very special events:
Men's Night of Reflection, Thursday, December 4, 6:30 - 8:30:
Men of any age are invited to attend a dinner and listen to a brief presentation by Father Edward Prus. No reservations are required.
Women's Night of Reflection, Thursday, December 11, 6:30 - 9:30 PM: Reservations are now being accepted.
- A Young Adult Group for parishioners 18 - 35 is about to be formed to provide opportunities for faith sharing, volunteer outing and social activities. The first meeting will be at Christ, Our Light! at 7:00 PM. Young professionals or college students, single or married, are invited. Please contact Kaitlin Popielarz at firstname.lastname@example.org or 616-240-9979.
If you are interested in visiting the sick or homebound or taking communion to those in need, purchasing and/or sending out greeting cards, call Betty Sheehan at 586-260-4250 or email email@example.com. Also, if you are aware of a parishioner, friend or family member whom we can assist, call Betty.
* Anyone interested in drafting and mailing our newsletter or maintaining the database of member information, please contact Agnes Andrews, 248-334-3038.
November 13, 7:00 PM: The Giver by Lois Lowry
January 8, 7:00 PM: The Arc of Justice, Kevin Boyle
Adults interested in becoming Catholic, celebrating a missed Sacrament or simply learning more about the Catholic faith should contact the parish office for information concerning this program for adults, held from September through April, Monday evenings from 7:30 to 9:00 PM.
Need for volunteers to provide transportation for people to Mass and/or other events at Christ, Our Light!
If you are interested in this ministry and able to help, either on an occasional or regular basis, please contact the parish office or Helen Moultrup at 248-593-5993 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Christ, Our Light! parishioners may be interested in a program being presented at Visitation North Spirituality Center,
7227 Lahser Road, Bloomfield Hills:
- An Advent Morning of Reflection - Saturday, December 13, from 9:30 AM until 12:30 PMTo register for either or both presentations call 248: 433-0950; suggested donation for each, $20.00. email@example.com
A Picture Is Worth ... .
We remembered our Veterans at Masses on Saturday, November 8 and Sunday, November 9.
- Rev. Donald Demmer, Administrator
- Rev. Mr. Dan Gonos, Deacon
- Mrs. MaryAnn Farrell, Parish Secretary
- Ms. Carol Chupka, Business Manager
- Mr. Robert Mervak, Music Minister
- Mr. David Minnick, Music Minister
- Mrs. JoAnn Bonahoom, Director, Religious Education
- Mrs. Fran Stage, Secretary, Religious Education
- Mrs. Pam LaGrassa, Director, Special Needs Religious Education
- Mrs. Elaine Cervera, Youth Minister
- Mrs. Betty Sheehan, Director, Evangelization
- Saint Vincent dePaul, Contact
Office HoursMonday-Thursday, 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Friday, 8:00 - 3:00 PM